Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Germany is beautiful and I dont want to come home.



Prague is some scary shit.

Went on a pub crawl with a bunch of americans and a couple of australians on Friday night. Was pretty cool, the hostel I was in was dope and had a really good bunch of people so we all ehaded off together. Bought a bottle of vodka for 70 crowns, which equates to about $2.00 AUS. It was literally labeled "vodka" and nothing else, no brand name, nothing.

got lost in the streets of prague cos this american doosh decided to be map guy. Dude was going on about how he was mad ripped and chicks were all about him back home. good one. he ended up going home with an english girl that looked like mr ed with worse teeth. winner.

hit the pub crawl, met some cool guys from canada, everyone is from canada. its crazy, pretty good people all in all though.

going between stops on said pubcrawl theres about 30 of us rolling down 2 blocks to the next place. I jump and touch a beam thats in this walkway. dont know why i did it. just did. didnt make a big scene, just jumped up and tapped a beam. like a big piece of steel that went between 2 buildings.

as i land i have euro cop screaming in my face, like a foot away from me in my face. "PASSPORT! PASSPORT!" Im just like, what the fuck, i tell him no passport, and ask him if he speaks english. "NO ENGLISH!" then he pulls out his batton and is holding it up. what. the. fuck. No shit this guy was going to beat me and take me to czech prison. Tour guide for pub crawl spoke some shit to him in Czech and he ended up letting me go. Shit was real though.

last bar was lame, headed back to hostel. went into a bar by myself and ended up drinking with 3 Czech dudes that didnt speak any english. One of the wierdest experiences of my life. Super nice dudes, literally sat with them till about 4 in the morning. They would point to an object and say its name in czech, i would say it in english. Pretty primitive interaction but it was awesome. Night ended with them walking down the street yelling at tourists saying "wanker" and "asshole" in english.
entertaining.

heres some snaps























trained it to Berlin next day. Germany is the most beautiful country i have ever seen. got into Berlin around 5, skated around and bought this sweet camera for 6 euros of a street vendor. Bout to go get my first roll developed and see if it actually works. Did the tour of the city yesterday. saw the berlin wall, the cathedral etc, its actually pretty overwhelming. Germans are incredibly friendly and this city is awesome.

My hostel looks like a squat for neo nazis though.

toilets here are wierd, hard to explain, not really worth talking about but they have like 2 levels in th bowl. im sure someone knows what im talking about.

in prague, met some cool aussies. in berlin, met some aussies that made me want to throw away my passport. Heres hoping for swine flu. If you rely on being australian to make up 90% of your persona then your a fuckhead. jesus christ.

Aiiit, so it is a new day and i havent posted this yet. Left the neo nazi hostel and moved to this awesome place called baxpax downtown. Its like heaven, so if our going to berlin, stay there.

United beat arsenal. i was so happy i called bladam.

Heading to amsterdam today.

Skated in the rain for half an hour to collect my photos from my new camera. Turns out that the chemist has lost 3 rolls of my film so i will never get to see them. fucking off it. seriously.

Met a canadian girl that thought she was the best thing since sliced bread. Personally i think sliced bread is over rated, but this girl was about as cool as getting shat on by a bird.

Oh and its my birthday tomorrow. 27 ftl.

In other news, i decided that i didnt want hair anymore because im travelling and its a hassle. So i grabbed my trusty battery powered clippers and started buzzing. Unfortunately they werent up to the task so i ended up with a short patch across the front of my hairline and the rest was bout 3 inches long. I looked like Devon Townsend. It was about 8pm so i put a beanie on and took to the streets to find some clippers. No clippers. Ended up in some super super swank hairdressers, getting laughed at by hot german girls who were nice enough to clean up my stupid head.

Berlin isnt super party, but its a rad place. Rained a lot. Had good times.

Thanks berlin.

Berlin Snaps



























peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment