Monday, October 12, 2009

last christmas.

been reading through my old myspace messages tonight cos im bored.

just before i left i posted this. I dont even remember writing it but it sums up exactly where I was before I bailed out for a while.

pretty huge contrast to now.

2009 for the win.



From: scott
Date: 08 Dec 2008, 10:12 PM


the first interpol record is so good.

revisiting and enjoying.

im outtie soon.

not going to have a going away party because i might come back and then everyone will be off it. Sort of like having an engagement party then calling off the wedding and everyone wants their gifts back but wont ask for them.

Work is crazy busy at the moment, trying to get everything done before i depart. Will still be working for australian clients etc from the states. its called email. technology eh?

Kind of leaving a fair bit behind but I think it will be good for me. America for however long, then Europe, then either home and back to america, home and back to europe, home and back to normal or back to america forever.

whoooo knows.

Apparently Hollywood is really dirty. I dont really care. It seems to be the place to be, theres a lot going on and a lot to do so i think ill be fine. Pretty sure I wont get shot, but again, who knows.

Kind of tacked europe on the end of the trip but im actually looking forward to it a lot more now that I have been thinking about it. I think Ill stay in Cali for 6 months ish then go and chill in europe for a while. Decide what I want to do from there.

This year has been a fucking rollercoaster. You get to the end of the year and you sort of look back on what has happened. I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that this one has been the most intense. Life gets pretty testing at times and I suppose yuou never know who you really are until your put in proper life changing situations. Im happy with how things are progressing now and i am ridiculously grateful for being allowed to do some of the things I have been able to do.

The years preceeding this really do pale in comparison. I would have to say that they have definately been better, but i am beginning to realise that life is totally unpredictable. You can be coasting one second and the walls are falling down the next. All I can really take away from this year is to hold those closest to you the tightest, and keep your eyes open, theres a million other peoples worlds going on around you, being self absorbed is a lonely existance. I got to know people close to me better than I ever have this year and I would trade that for nothing.

This is a pretty cliched blog type thing but im not really too bothered. If you read it then awesome. If not then your not reading this right now. So you dont really apply.

To all the important people in my life, I hope you know how important you are to me. Everyone keep moving because i dont know too many of you that have had a smooth sailing year. Shit might not get better, there may not be any great white hope, but we all have eachother, and at the worst of times, thats all we need. At the best of times, we dont write blogs about this sort of shit. We just talk about how good an old record is.

happy endish of the year,

No comments:

Post a Comment